Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, lighthouse is temporarily closed.
YOU ARE INVITED TO VISIT THE LIGHTHOUSE
The lighthouse at Nowy Port is one of the most attractive marine lighthouses in Northern Europe (geographical location 54°24’28”N, 18°39’50”E). It measures 27 metres in height, was built in 1893 and came into operation in 1894. Legend has it that it is a twin of the lighthouse in Cleveland, Ohio, the most beautiful of marine lighthouses in America. It was the first lighthouse on the Baltic to use electric light.
WHEN ON A VISIT TO THE LIGHTHOUSE YOU MAY SEE THE FOLLOWING:
– the interior with beautifully preserved historical optical devices
– the marvellous view from the top of the building over the port of Gdańsk, Westerplatte and the entire Bay of Gdańsk as far as Gdynia and Hel
– a fascinating exhibition about lighthouses and listen to the story of Lighthouse Keeper Jacek Michalak
Iinvite you to come and visite my lighthouse – Jacek Michalak, Lighthouse Keeper
28th April – 31th August 2018:
Daily 10:00 – 19:00
1st-30th September 2018:
Saturdays and Sundays 10:00 – 17:00
Organised groups of 10 or more people – daily by prior appointment tel. +48 693 125 932
We speak English, French and German.
PAYMENT CASH ONLY.
– Normal ticket 10 zł
– Concessionary ticket 6 zł*
– A 30% reduction on a ticket to the lighthouse is offered to passengers of the vintage tram and water tram.
Reductions are available on production of the following:
– a Turist Card (city of Gdańsk).
*The following are eligible for concessionary tickets: children, students up to the age of 26, pensioners, those on income support and those registered as disabled.